Thursday, September 30, 2010

mark my words....

I WILL NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT DOING LAUNDRY AGAIN!

let me explain....

this lovely contraption is my washer AND dryer:


-it is TINY- i can fit about half the amount of clothes that i would put in the SMALLEST load in my washer at home (which is equivilant to about 4 articals of jonathan's clothes OR 2-3 days worth of kids clothes)

-there is no where to put fabric softener, and they don't have dryer sheets in ANY store i've been in... because apparently everyone in London thinks these things are a good idea.

-it NEVER, i repeat, NEVER, gets your clothes all the way dry.... so i usually end up doing an EXTRA dry cycle after it's done

still, most of our clothes end up on this:



-and if you don't get the clothes out right away, they are so wrinkled that you can't even iron them, they must be re-washed if you want to wear them without looking homeless.

-i have never ironed so much in my life, which i don't really mind, i'm just not used to it-- at home, for me, ironing was putting my clothes back in the dryer for a few min until all the wrinkles were gone.

-OH YEAH, worst of all.....ONE load takes well over 3 HOURS!!


ON THE OTHER HAND....

here are a few things that i WILL complain about when i get home, because i have NOT had to do them here, not once....

-take out the garbage

-clean the bathrooms

-mop the floors

-wash towels

-change sheets

-wash sheets

-dust

-clean the oven/stove

did i mention that we have a maid who comes twice a week??

(don't be too impressed, most people around here have a maid that comes daily, along with a nanny, and someone that does all their grocery shopping-- but, i'm not complaining!!)

6 comments:

THE CONKS said...

I am in shock! You have a maid, no fair. I am looking into the elevator work in London right now!

kaitlyn said...

i would kill for a maid. literally. you better watch your back.

i don't even own an iron anymore. gave it to goodwill.

Peter and Lesha said...

funny cause it looks huge:) so many things we take for granite

Evelyn said...

Ugh, I remember doing laundry in Sweden was such a hassle! I hope your mom is sending you some dryer sheets...if not, send me your address and I will!

Jenni said...

despite the laundry, I'm not sure I'd come back :)

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

love all your pics. your boys are so stinkin cute! i can't believe adam is that old already! sorry about your laundry situation but yes at least you have a maid! :) miss you.