Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lifesaver


We just dropped my mom off at the airport after being here for about 2 weeks.
I don't even know how to express how grateful I am for all that she's done for us, and how much help she has been. She flew over with me to help with the boys, and she did SO much while she was here to help us feel settled and find our way around. I could NOT have done it without her! The plane ride alone would've been a disaster. She pretty much did all the shopping (stores here are less than kid friendly, I will NEVER attempt to take them with me grocery shopping)... she helped wrangle the kids while we tried to find our way around the city, she cleaned, she watched kids so Jonathan and I could have some time together, she was AMAZING. It was hard to see her go, not just for all that she's done but because I'll miss her and the boys will miss her.
I love you mom, a million thank you's for everything! Come back and see us soon!!

8 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

you are soooo lucky and I am sure it was fun for her too, grandma's love doing things for their grandkids and kids:) that is so nice though for a min I thought she was going to be there the whole time with you, wouldn't that be nice?!

Evelyn said...

I have always thought the world of your mom! What a huge help to have her there for the first two weeks while you got settled. I bet she had a great time, too!

Jenni said...

Your mom is an angel.

Now, give me some details on what 'not kid friendly' means.

Anna said...

Moms are the best. I am so glad she was able to go over and help you guys out! I love looking at your pictures and seeing all the fun things you are getting to experience. Ethan is still talking about his friend with the white hair =)

Elizabeth C said...

That is so wonderful that your mom could come and help you settle in. She is an amazing lady.

Julia said...

Thank YOU for letting me come and be there with you for awhile. I will cherish the time and experiences we shared! You are a smart, capable, wonderful woman and mother. I miss you like CRAZY! Hug Blake and Adam for... talk to you soon!

jenn gent said...

Yay for moms! How nice she was able to.

I love reading about all your adventures! I'm living vicariously through you. :)

Elizabeth said...

So glad your mom (and grandma) could be with you for the adjustment time. We're sure she had a good time, too.