Sunday, April 5, 2009

he's here

*ADAM WINTER HOLMAN*

was born April 3, 2009 at 5:01pm
he weighed 7lbs 7oz and is 20in long




To try and make a long story short, I was induced around 9am on Friday morning with a pill (i can't remember what it's called), and with pretty much ZERO change until 2:00pm the doctor finally came in and broke my water. That's when things started to progress pretty rapidly, contractions came hard and close together, ALMOST not enough time for an epidural, but I did get one, thank goodness! Within less than an hour of the epidural I went from a 7 to 10 in a matter of minutes. I pushed 3 times and he was here! Besides the hours of sitting around waiting for things to get going, I have to say everything went really well! The epidural was perfect, I could still move my legs, and could feel when I needed to push, but no unbearable pain. I had an amazing doctor and nurses... and of course, Jonathan was great!


this was before all the "fun"started, we played games & watched tv for what seemed like an eternity!


adam, just minutes after he was born



me and my little boy

daddy and son

my boys

Adam has been such a good boy so far. He isn't much of a crier, even when he first came out he didn't cry for long. He's been a very good sleeper and a good nurser. We think that he looks a lot like Blake when he was born, although he has much less hair! Blake LOVES his new baby brother, he walks around saying "baby adam" all day long, it's very cute. He loves giving him hugs and kisses.... a little too much sometimes, but it's ok! :o)

We are all doing great, and are so excited to finally have Adam in our family, we already love him so much and can't wait to watch him grow!


*lots more pictures to come!

20 comments:

THE CONKS said...

Yeah!! I love the name. I assume you picked it:) He is very cute. I sent an email explaining why we did not come over. I can't wait to meet him!!

kaitlyn said...

he is adorable!!! we can't wait to meet him next weekend! good luck this week, give me a call if you want to talk!

xoxo

Rendy Tucker said...

Congratulations! What a cutie. Love the name. Hope you have a quick recovery!

Travers Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't wait to come meet him! Your pictures are adorable! You look so great!

Elizabeth C said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! HE IS BEAUTIFUL! SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!! :) GLAD TO HEAR THAT EVERYTHING WENT WELL TOO!

Evelyn said...

He is adorable! Congratulations!

Peter and Lesha said...

he is sooo cute and I think looks like jonathan (like I can really tell now and from a pic) but a little bit I think? So cute that blake adores him. I hope he continues to be a great baby. Congrats and hope you come up soon or we come down so I have hold him. Great labor too I am totally jealous of these amazing stories I wish there was a way around a C-section for me but no such luck. Hope to hear from you soon

House of Stiles said...

Great news! We love the name Adam and he is a cutie! We hope you will be able to post more photos soon when you are feeling good. Sounds like a perfect labor! I bet Grandma and Grandpa Carruth are just soooo happy! Tell everyone hello and we love and miss you!

Vashti said...

We are so happy for you! He is such a cute looking boy. We hope all is going well with the transition.

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well.

Jenni said...

Wow--what a cutie!! congratulations!

Ty said...

Congratulations!! Hope your both doing well!

Nate + Carlee said...

What a sweet little boy. He actually reminds me a lot of Reid when he was born, so I think he's EXTRA cute. =) Congratulations!

Anna said...

Congrats to your family! Adam is adorable and we can't wait to meet him. Hope you are feeling well and getting some rest...if that's at all possible!

Melinda C said...

Great job! Adam is adorable and we can't wait to meet him. Sami texted you to see when a good time would be to come up - let us know and we'll be there! Love to all of you!

Andrea said...

Congratulations to your family of four! Hope the sun keeps shining....it always help the recovery!

jenn gent said...

Congratulations! He is adorable and I love his name.

Lexi Jo said...

Well done Jon Jon and Suzanne!

teage-and-erin said...

Yeah for the Holmans!!!!! Congratulations guys, he is just adorable!

Zack + Julie said...

Awww! Too cute! Congrats you guys!