Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What's in a name....


A lot of good this book does!
We are having a REALLY hard time deciding on a name this time, I don't know what it is.... maybe the pressure of making sure your kid isn't made fun of for the rest of his life, or that he won't HATE his name, or that Jonathan and I differ quite a bit in our taste in names! (At this rate I'm not sure if we'll be able to have any more kids, for fear of not being able to come up with a name.) And if any of you have ever MET Jonathan you know he's not the most serious person in the world when it comes to decisions like these, which I, of course, think are life or death (i AM pregnant! I'm allowed irrational emotions). So he comes up with the most RIDICULOUS names, and trys for the next half hour to convince me that it's the perfect name for our child, when really he doesn't even like the name, he just likes to mess with me.... so of course nothing gets accomplished. (it's usually good for a laugh later though...much later). So this is my dilemma and I wouldn't mind some suggestions, maybe it will trigger something in my brain!
ps. a couple names that I like are.... Adam & Max ..... let me know what you think!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehehe, we have that book too! I like the both those names. Adam is a good name, but there will always be a lot of Adam's. So if you don't want to have a common name, go for Max. I like Max. It's got something to it! Good luck with picking out a name. We haven't decided a name yet for this baby. It'll be easier once we know what it is!

Nate + Carlee said...

We are kind of playing that same game. One book that really helped us was "the baby name wizard" the cool thing about it is that it says, if you like this name you might also like these names...and you don't have to wade through 500 weird names to find a normal one. I really like it. Good luck!

Rendy Tucker said...

I vote Adam. Classic.

House of Stiles said...

For the twins... we had about 10 girl names that we liked. Wrote them down and took them to the hospital. After 3 days of baby "A" and "B"... we looked at them and picked names that fit their little faces. Another good place to look is the Social Security web page.. they have the top baby names for the previous years. You can at least be sure your kids are not in the top 50. Oh and as I was packed up and 5 seconds from checking out of the hospital with Mia Kate... I crossed out her name on the paperwork and changed it (she was almost a Meegan). So it's never too late to change your mind. With that said I like Adam.. oh and Zef :)

Sarah said...

I like Adam. And I second what Carlee said about "The Baby Name Wizard" book. We loved it! (But it still may not be too helpful if you and Jonathan like completely different names.)

By the way, I looked up Blake, and the names suggested for brothers were Chase, Bryce, Drew, Devin, and Cole.

Evelyn said...

No good advice here. We always have an easier time with girl names than with boys. We won't know for a few more weeks what we are having, but while we have the girl name picked out, we haven't even discussed boy names! Joseph was easy because thats my husband's dad's name. Clark sort of came up as a joke because we were watching Smallville...my husband is a huge Superman fan and it sounded pretty good!

As for the two you have, I say Max. It sounds better with Blake. Good luck!

kaitlyn said...

you know what i think. i like max. and huck. but whatever, i know you don't care about my opinion. although i have never read/seen this book sarah and carlee are talking about, i think i would like to look at it. it sounds interesting and helpful.

good luck! i vote no on diego