Monday, May 3, 2010

100th post

i can't believe i've had this blog for almost 2 years and i'm just now getting to 100 posts! well, at least it's a good one....

this saturday i ran my first half-marathon!

i was excited, but nervous... and so happy that i had a bunch of friends that did the half marathon too! we had a great time and everyone did amazing, i was so proud of everyone! i wasn't too happy about the rainy weather, but very grateful that i decided to bring my hat, so it really wasn't an issue. i ended up beating the goal that i set for myself and really enjoyed the run! i still have a lot to learn about racing because the last couple miles about killed me, and i have been so sore the last couple days i could hardly walk! all in all it was a great time and i'm excited for the next one!


my mom brought the boys to cheer me on at the end... i almost cried when i saw them at the end, but still had about a 1/4 of a mile left, so i had to suck it up! :) they also brought me flowers...so sweet!


that face should say it all....


i think it took me about 5 min to get up after squatting down like that!

here are my stats:
time: 1:46:16 (8:07 min mile)
5th in my age group
22nd female overall
83rd finisher
*thank you to my parents for watching the boys the night before, and for bringing them to the race, it meant so much to me to have you there! i love you!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are an ANIMAL!!! Way to go girl! That is a great time!

House of Stiles said...

That last post was from me not Mike.... I didnt know he had used my computer. But he would be proud too :)

Sarah said...

Way to go, Suzanne! I don't think I can even run 1 mile.

Peter and Lesha said...

that is so awesome I really can't ever see myself doing that! that is so great and so inspiring. you look great.

Vashti said...

It was so fun to do that all together. It was so wonderful that you waited at the finish line to cheer us on! You are a stud for sure ;)

Jaime said...

Way to go Suzanne! You are awesome! I could NEVER have done that.

Anonymous said...

Wahooo- you did SO amazing! And just so you know- no that face doesn't "say" you just ran 13.1 miles..... it looks like a before picture!