Tuesday, March 2, 2010

crusin'

happy birthday to me! for my birthday this year i got to go on a cruise! it wasn't actually FOR my birthday, but ended up being during my birthday!! a couple of my friends and i were lucky enough to get some well deserved rest and relaxation. our amazing husbands took the kids and sent us on our way! we took a 5 day baja mexico cruise, and had so much fun! we visited Catalina Island, Ensanada Mexico, ate some great food, slept, read, and layed out in the sun (among other things). what more could these mommy's ask for!?


the second day on the cruise was my ##th birthday, so my room was decorated and at dinner they gave me the most amazing chocolate cake and sang happy birthday to me! so fun!


the second day was also Catalina Island, which was beautiful, we walked around town and layed on the beach!


here is ashley and i on fancy dinner night!


jenn and i... i'm sure she was trying to get me to eat sushi... nice try! we all had a great time just hanging out and chatting, laughing at the karaoke singers and comedian, and did i mention we ate LOTS of great food! :o)


here is mariah and i, this was the day in Ensanada... she got pretty good at bartering with the locals, and got some GREAT deals!
we took a bus ride to some shops and 'the blowhole' which really just looked like waves crashing on the rocks... whatever, it was pretty!

after we got off the boat we had quite a bit of time before our flights, so we rented a car and explored hollywood a little bit! look... i'm famous! :o)
i have to thank my amazing husband who took time off work to be with the kids, and help watch some other kids! i love you so much!

13 comments:

agirlsmusthaves said...

Glad you had fun and happy b-day neighbor!!!!!!

Peter and Lesha said...

ok sooooo not fair, that looks so fun what great friends and husband, I am so beyond jealous and you look amazing by the way!!! what a fun week, can jonathan come teach husband babysitting lessons here? hahaha Peter does good but he would never last a week:)

Vashti said...

What a blast! I'm glad you guys were able to get away. Every Mommy needs that every once in a while!

Jaime said...

SO jealous. It looks like you had a great time. You all look amazing.

House of Stiles said...

What a great time!!! That is a wonderful husband to take the week off with the boys. You are truly blessed... oh and very beautiful.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

looks like fun! glad you had a good time! that chocolate cake sounds divine right now!

Stephanie said...

Looks like fun! You look really good in those pictures. And, happy birthday again! I need to go find myself some friends! For my birthday my husband invited about 30 people over and 3 showed up. The cruise looks amazing.

kaitlyn said...

FUN! next time i will be coming!

you look amazing by the way! i can't wait to see you in person!

so i assume you must have turned like 35 or something since you didn't post it. hmmm....

you better be tan! i miss you!!!!!! do that race with me. let me know asap!

Melinda C said...

What a wonderful thing to get to do...you look great!

Anonymous said...

It was SO fun! Can't wait for a girls weekend or couples- or something :)! I've got the traveling bug now!!

Elizabeth C said...

So much fun! Girls cruise and for your birthday--even better. That is wonderful that your husbands gave you the needed break. What fun!

Sarah said...

So jealous! What a fun trip! And way to go Jonathan for watching the kids.

Nate + Carlee said...

Wow. I am totally jealous right now. AND you look AMAZING! Seriously, you look skinnier than you did when I knew you in college. Wat to go!