Friday, February 26, 2010

the worlds worst blogger...

i have not been a good blogger lately, ok... i haven't BEEN a blogger lately, and it's not for lack of material, or time really, i've just been lazy. i get a little behind and feel overwhelmed because i want to do things in order, and don't want to leave anything out (because lets face it, i don't keep a journal... this is the closest thing i've got), so then i just don't do it at all (good solution huh). anyways, lame excuse! who cares if my posts are out of order, right...



on that note...

my little man has to have surgery next month. blake has the biggest tonsils on the planet (literally what the doctor said), and has significant hearing loss (that explains a lot). the large tonsils and adenoids are effecting his sleep, he wakes up frequently during the night, and is tired a lot during the day. because of the swollen adenoids fluid builds up behind his ear drums causing the hearing loss. so on march 15, he's having those golf ball size tonsils taken out as well as the adenoids and having tubes put in his ears! i am SO happy about this because i know it will help him SO much, but i am SO nervous, he's my baby.... so keep us in your prayers!

11 comments:

Vashti said...

I hope everything goes okay!

Jaime said...

Poor baby. He will be fine but we will, for sure, keep him in our prayers. The surgery will help him so much.

Jenni said...

What a good mom to catch it early and to be on top of it. He will do fine and so will you. You are all definitely in our prayers!

Elizabeth C said...

How scary! Poor little guy! I hope everything goes well, and we'll keep you in our prayers! I can relate with the lack of blogging. Keep at it, and so will I! ;)

kaitlyn said...

we will be thinking of him! let us know if there is anything we can do!

ps don't be surprised if he doesn't just up and obey all of a sudden now that he can hear ;)

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

oh, that's hard but i'm sure like you said, it will be better. izy got tubes when she was just over a year and the hardest part is leaving them with the nurse. You know they are safe though and the procedure is so quick and then they are back in your arms.
i usually end up doing like 5 posts at a time to catch up on blogging, no worries you aren't alone! it's my only journal too and I can't wait to get books printed that my family can then look at and hold and touch...ok, i'm rambling now, goodbye!

Stephanie said...

Poor Blake. At least it's just his tonsils though! We will be praying for him.
You know when you blog you can change the date of your post, right? On the new post screen just push "post options" on the bottom and then change the date. That way, even though you are posting late the information is still in order and on the correct dates for when you make a book. With my schedule, I do it ALL the time. Everyone understand that's just what we have to do; especially as moms!

Jayme said...

Blake will love the popsicles and ice cream! Call if you have any more questions about it.

Sarah said...

Poor Blake! I've been through it several times myself (in fact, I just had another ear surgery this week). The surgery isn't fun, but it definitely helped my hearing so I could learn to say my "R"s. :)

Peter and Lesha said...

oh my gosh I can't believe that?! I hope it all goes well, the poor guy what a trooper. I know we are far away but if we head down there I would be glad to give some relief.

LeAnn said...

Hoping all goes well. Nice you caught it before he got much older. I did have a shudder go down my spine recalling all your parents and Marilyn went through with her ears. Heard you've been cruising...how fun!