Monday, November 23, 2009

new top ten

(again... from my parenting magazine)

top ten things not to feel guilty about....

1. having the impulse, after discovering your kid has used your $20 lipstick to draw a giant plum-colored pig on your dining room wall, to call up Brad and Angelina and ask them if they'd like to take in one more

2. returning the fancy but useless baby gift to the department store and spending the credit on shoes for yourself

3. suspecting that those stars who got their prebaby bodies back in two weeks are on drugs

4. feeling secretly glad when you catch your neighbor's 'perfect' child in a nuclear meltdown

5. introducing your sister's kid - little miss organic only- to her very first twinkie

6. setting up playdates just with kids whose mothers you like

7. calling your jiggly belly your 'mummy tummy' ten years after childbirth

8. noticing the hot dad at dropoff (hey, you're just lookin'!)

9. insisting on grown-up music in the car

10. knowing, really knowing, with every fiber of your being, that your kid is the cutest one in his class picture

8 comments:

Travers Family said...

so cute! and oh, so true!

Jenni said...

LOL #10

Unknown said...

Nice! I totally agree with all of them!

Anonymous said...

Love them! I'm afraid I use #7- DANG and I just realized that I say that but my "baby" is 2 1/2- so sad!!!! Thanks for making me laugh in this wee morning!

The Watson's... said...

love it!!!

Rendy Tucker said...

#10 is the best because it is sooo true. And I love that picture of Adam in your sidebar btw!

teage-and-erin said...

Hey dude! Will you send me your email address, I don't have it!? Thanks girl!
erinbeth1@hotmail.com

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

haha..that was cute!