Sunday, October 12, 2008

Vacation

I know it's been a LONG time since I've posted, we're still in the middle.... well, more towards the end of renovating our house, hopefully only a few more days! We also took a little road trip to visit some family in Idaho and Utah! My mom, Jonathan, Blake and I left at 8pm and drove all night to Preston, ID and got there around 10am, it was perfect for Blake, he slept the whole time, Jonathan and I split time driving, it actually wasn't too bad! We spent a few days in Idaho visiting with my grandparents, great-grandpa, and some of my mom's aunt's, uncle's and cousins. My mom's aunt and uncle own a dude ranch in Soda Springs, we spent a day there riding horses, tractors, and just enjoying the beautiful weather and fresh air! Jonathan, Blake and I took a "little" day trip to Vernal, UT to visit his sister's family (when I say little day trip I mean it took 5 hours to get there! But it was worth it, we had a lot of fun!). Next we drove to Salt Lake and spent a few days touring temple square, the amazing new conference center, and just walking around downtown. It was so nice to go on vacation and be able to spend some time together as a family!
Blake did surprisingly well the whole time in the car, he slept a lot and my mom sat in the back and played with him!
Jonathan LOVES it when I take his picture!
This is my great-grandpa (he's almost 94!), the things on the table are pens that he made using different types of wood.


My grandparents have a huge backyard and Blake loved running around and playing outside. The weather was beautiful the whole time so we spent a lot of time out there.


Just a picture of us after we got home from church.


This is us and my grandparents outside of there house right before we left.

We were playing in the grass at the ranch! It is so amazing how quiet and peaceful it is out there, you don't really realize it when you're living in the city, but once you get out in the "middle of nowhere" the quietness is so nice!


They had a cute little see-saw that Blake loved

I think this is Blake's idea of heaven!


He actually got to go for a ride on it too.... kind of puts grandpa's little tractor to shame! :o)

We all rode horses.... even Jonathan


Blake wasn't so sure about the horse.... I don't think my mom was either!


I think the last time I was on a horse I was 12

Visitor's center at Temple Square

Salt Lake Temple

Our family in front of the reflecting pool

5 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

so fun, I glad you got to get away it was probably nice after lots of hard work on your house, can't wait to see it. Wow napoleon dynamite was filmed in preston ID and I have family there too, well a great aunt or something. that pic of Blake outside is so good, did you take it he looks so cute and the background is perfect.

kaitlyn said...

it was good to see you today!!!!


It looks like you guys had a blast... it must have been nice to have nice weather and open spaces for blake to explore.

good luck finishing your house!

Vashti said...

You guys have some pretty awesome family pics in there. Glad to see that you had fun. I can't wait to see some pics of the new house!!

Evelyn said...

What great pictures...I love the one of just the three of you! Sounds like you had a fun time and your little guy looked pretty happy 'driving' that tractor!

House of Stiles said...

WHAT!!! You were in Utah and didnt even call us! You are in so much trouble!