Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the great pumpkin

PUMPKIN CARVING AT THE HOLMANS
(as interpreted by blake)

"what the heck are my parents doing?"

"if dad can do it, so can i"

"ummm... this is disgusting"

"YES!... i LOVE to color"

"i'll let dad do the hard part and try to figure out what i drew"

"i guess mom wants to join the fun too"

"adam is too little to carve pumpkins, only big boys like me get to"

"isn't my pumpkin AWESOME!?"

"this is mom's.... it's ok, i guess... but she cheated and used a stencil!"
("we got to go to pa and grandma's house and carve some more pumpkins... mom and grandma did all the work though, while us guys just sat around and watched, man are they suckers!")

"my mom did the mariner moose... my FAVORITE!"

"and grandma did this one... i still can't figure out what crabs have to do with halloween..."
HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM THE HOLMANS!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Those are awesome pumpkins...WOW!!

Julia said...

Great pictures Suz!I love Blake's expressions - especially when he's holding the pumpkin "guts"!

Anonymous said...

Wow you and your Mom are awesome pumpkin carvers :)! They look great!

Jennifer said...

Those pumpkins are amazing! I never saw such cool pumpkins in my life! And what cute boys! Wow. They are superstars.

Jennifer said...

By the way, Blake's little interpretation and the photos of his face are hilarious.